How to apply
How to apply for a position on Götheborg of Sweden
Are you ready to apply for a position on board the world's largest wooden sailing ship? You will make memories for a lifetime, meet new friends, work hard and learn a lot. This is going to be a great adventure and a fantastic experience.
Please note that applications for the Asia 2022 expedition is not yet open. It will be opened later in the autumn 2021. Stay posted!
Sign up for an account
- When you have read the terms & conditions, please follow the link below to our registration system.
- Sign up for an account.
- After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email to validate your account (please check your junk mail if it is not in your regular inbox).
- Complete your profile (you are only able to apply if your profile is complete).
- You are now ready to apply for a sailing leg!
Apply for a sailing leg (PAAM)
- To book a sailing leg, press “Apply”.
- Choose which sailing legs you want to apply for.
- Press “Info & apply” of the specific sailing leg you want to apply for.
- If you have volunteered on the ship during 2020 and 2021, you can also request a discount by ticking the box. Read more about our discount policy under "Discount policy for volunteers".
- Press “Apply”.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have been accepted for a sailing leg
- You will get a confirmation email from the crew manager with further instructions about payment.
- You need to pay the sign-up fee within 7 days, otherwise, you will lose your position on board.
- Your application status will change to "Accepted".
If you have not been accepted for a sailing leg*
- Your application status will change into either "Waiting list" or "Cancelled".
- You will receive an email to confirm that you are on the waiting list or that your registration has been cancelled by the organisation.
*This may be due to one of the following reasons:
a) There were too many applicants for this sailing leg (you are invited to apply for another sailing leg).
b) We need to have a more mixed group considering age and gender.
c) You haven’t met our requirements concerning your health (for example allergies, sickness or use of medication).