How to apply
How to apply to be a deckhand on Götheborg
Are you ready to apply to sail as a deckhand on board the world's largest wooden sailing ship? You will make memories for a lifetime, meet new friends, work hard and learn a lot. This is going to be a great adventure and a fantastic experience.
Sign up for an account
- When you have read the terms & conditions, please follow the link in the section below (Apply for a sailing leg (PAAM)) to our registration system.
- Sign up for an account.
- After you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email to validate your account (please check your junk mail if it is not in your regular inbox).
- Complete your profile (you are only able to apply if your profile is complete).
- You are now ready to apply for a sailing leg!
Apply for a sailing leg (PAAM)
- To book a sailing leg, press “Apply”.
- Choose which sailing legs you want to apply for.
- Press “Info & apply” of the specific sailing leg you want to apply for.
- Press “Apply”.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
If you have been accepted for a sailing leg
- You will get a confirmation email from the crew manager with further instructions about payment.
- You need to pay the sign-up fee within 7 days, otherwise, you will lose your position on board.
- Your application status will change to "Accepted".
If you have not been accepted for a sailing leg*
- Your application status will change into either "Waiting list" or "Cancelled".
- You will receive an email to confirm that you are on the waiting list or that your registration has been cancelled by the organisation.
*This may be due to one of the following reasons:
a) There were too many applicants for this sailing leg (you are invited to apply for another sailing leg).
b) We need to have a more mixed group considering age and gender.
c) You haven’t met our requirements concerning your health (for example allergies, sickness or use of medication).