Vi söker nu tekniska chefer, förste fartygsingenjörer och motormän som vill vara med att förbereda inför och segla med Götheborg på vår expedition till Asien under 2022 och 2023. Bli en del av vårt team och följ med oss på äventyret! (For text in English, click link in post.)
Discount policy for volunteers
This policy is made with the purpose to provide a clear guideline for a reward system for our volunteers. The main purpose of developing this policy is to encourage the volunteers to help with the maintenance. It is also a way to express our appreciation for the work they do for us.
We have created a bonus system, which means that the volunteers can earn a percentage of discount which they can use when they book a sailing leg as a deckhand.
The system works as follows:
|Number of days||Discount percentage|
|0-9 days of volunteering||0%|
|10-19 days of volunteering||10%|
|20-29 days of volunteering||20%|
|30-39 days of volunteering||30%|
|40-49 days of volunteering||40%|
|50 days or more||50%|
The following conditions apply
- This bonus system applies from August 2020.
- On a single sailing leg, 6 "discount" places will be available for volunteers to book.*
- When the 6 places are filled and a volunteer wants to sail on that specific leg, he/she has to pay the regular deckhand fee.
- If there are more candidates than places available, there will be a selection. This selection will be based on the number of days a volunteer has earned. The volunteers with most of the volunteering days will be selected first, then the second most etc.
- The discount is only applicable to one sailing leg per Expedition per person. The discount is personal and cannot be given to someone else.
- The discount that has been earned during the preparation for an Expedition, must be used during the next coming Expedition. It cannot be saved for future Expeditions.**
- The volunteer could also choose not to use it, but after the Expedition, the accrued days will expire.
- To sail along with a discount, the volunteer has to meet the basic requirements applicable for all Deckhands: They have to be at least18 years old, physical and mentally healthy and they have to be able to climb in the rig.
*The number of available places can vary between different sailing legs. A decision about this will be made by the Expedition Director.
**In case the expedition will be cancelled, and the ship will not sail, the earned discount will expire.
What do I have to do to have my days registered?
- Volunteers have to be registered in our planning tool "Doodle" (also volunteers for the engine room)
- If the days are not in Doodle, they cannot be counted
- One day of volunteering means working from 08.00 – 16.00 (including two coffee breaks and one lunch break during the day) unless something else is agreed on.
- The one that is in charge daily for the volunteers, will check the list on Doodle daily.
How can I use the discount I earned?
- From the moment the sailing legs are published, the volunteers will have 30 days to sign up for a "discount place". After these 30 days, a selection will be made among the applicants for the discount places.
- The volunteers have to apply as a Deckhand for a sailing leg via our application system ‘PAAM’. A link to this system can be found on the expedition page on our website.
- In PAAM the volunteers have to complete their profile with information about the volunteering days.
- After the completion of the profile, the volunteer has to apply for a Deckhand position for a specific sailing leg.*** In this process there will be a possibility to indicate that you want to use the volunteer discount/apply for a discount place.
- According to our payment and cancellation rules, you have to pay the regular sign-up fee (see our payment and cancellation rules) after being accepted as a Deckhand, to secure your place on board.
- The discount for the selected volunteer will then be calculated at the latest two weeks before the expedition starts. That means that a volunteer can earn volunteer days from August 2020 until two weeks before the start of the expedition.
- The final payment, including the discount, has to be done at the latest two weeks before the start of the expedition.
***You have the possibility to sign up for more than one sailing leg, but you can only be selected for one discount place.
Today, at a seminar hosted by 2050 Consulting and CSR Västsverige, politicians, decision makers and business leaders met on board Götheborg of Sweden to discuss the role of West Sweden businesses in driving regional and international sustainability efforts to meet climate change.
Sustainability is at the core of our expedition 2022/2023. Therefore, we have started a process of identifying what we can improve and what we can do to make sure we take responsible decisions and actions for a sustainable future.