Instead of heading straight from Nice to Valletta as planned, the route has been changed and the ship is now also making a short stopover in Monaco. However, it is not just a regular stopover: It will include the spectacular delivery of a 2.4-meter-high elephant sculpture to H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco.
Asia Expedition 2022/2023
5,000 SEK sailing grant for Sweden based 18–25 year olds
Are you based in Sweden, 18-25 years old, and interested in sailing with us in the Mediterranean? If so, there is a possibility to get a grant for 30–40 % of the sailing cost. Four lucky people can get a grant of 5,000 SEK each to sail with us. Apply now, spaces are filling up!
Spaces are filling up on the last sailing legs this year, but there are still an opportunity to join. Four lucky 18-25 year olds can get a 5,000 SEK grant from STAS (Sail Training Association of Sweden) to sail with us, which covers between around 30–40 % of the sailing cost, depending on which of the three sailing legs you apply for.
The available sailing legs are:
- Malaga – Nice, 19 September – 2 October
- Nice – Valletta, 5–17 October
- Valletta – Barcelona, 17–31 October
To apply for the grant you have to:
- Not be a day younger than 18 years old at the sign on date.
- Not be a day older than 25 years old at the sign off date.
- Be able to understand and make yourself understood in English.
- Be able to swim at least 200 m.
- Be registered in Sweden.
- Take some pictures and write a short text about your experience on board and send it to us after your sailing leg on behalf of STAS.
- Have a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- Have a valid passport.
- Meet our general criteria for sailing onboard (read more about it here: https://www.gotheborg.se/join-us/sail-with-us/who-can-apply/)
How to apply:
Write your name, age and a short motivation as to why you should get the scholarship and send it to [email protected]. Don't wait to apply, spaces are filling up and applicants will be selected as they come in. Good luck!
Spread this to anyone who might be interested - we're looking forward to reading the applications!
Life on board
There are around fifty deckhands and twenty-five professional crew members on board Götheborg. The deckhand crew consists of a mix of people from all age groups, geographical origins, level of experience and interests. Everyone contributes in their own way with their unique life experience from professional and private life, whether you have sailing experience or not.
We have some great news! We will make a short, but sweet visit to Monaco. This means that we will leave Nice on 4 October instead of 6 October. We will be in Monaco 4–6 October and will be open to visitors 5–6 October. Welcome on board!
Tuesday 20 September we sailed out of Málaga, after almost a full week in the harbor in the city center. The days here has been amazing with lots of interested journalists and visitors on board. Next stop is Nice, France!