Götheborg of Sweden is now moored in Barcelona for the winter stopover, and the plan has been to continue to Asia in March 2023. This plan has now been postponed, and the ship will instead sail in the Mediterranean and Northern Europe in 2023.
Join our team: We're looking for a Marketing Coordinator with Graphic Design skills
Are you a creative marketing coordinator, with a positive mindset, who loves graphic design and digital communication? Do you want to be part of a unique sailing adventure with focus on international trade and innovations for a sustainable tomorrow?
The ship Götheborg of Sweden (Ostindiefararen Götheborg) is a replica of an 18th century trading ship, and the largest ocean-going wooden sailing ship in the world. In 2022 and 2023 we are heading out on a two-year expedition to Asia, with focus on international trade and sustainability. We are looking for a marketing coordinator with great graphic design skills, and an interest in digital communication and social media to join our team.
About the role
As Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer you will be an important part of our team and have a varied and creative role. You will work with all aspects of our external communication and with all departments within the organisation. Responsibilities will include planning, producing, publishing, and optimising a range of marketing and communication activities. The main areas of responsibility will be to work with our brand and graphic material, and to coordinate and develop our website and social media accounts. As part of the role you will also get to travel to several of the expedition stops.
We offer an inspiring, dynamic, fun, and friendly work environment, with people who are truly passionate about their work.
- Designing, producing, and updating of our physical and digital graphic material, and collaborating with our agency on developing our brand.
- Web editor responsibility for our website, updating texts and images.
- Working with our social media channels, including planning, creating, and publishing content.
- Planning and producing newsletters and news pieces for our external communication.
- Reporting and analysis of communication activities.
- Supporting with PR and media inquiries on site when travelling to ports where the ship stops.
- Working closely with Head of Communication, Expedition Director, Partner Director, and other key departments.
Who are we looking for?
We think that you are at the beginning of your career, alternatively have worked for a number of years and enjoy a hands-on and varied role. You have great graphic design skills, and good knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing.
- Suitable education within marketing, graphic design, or communication.
- Proficient in Creative Suite (focus on Photoshop and InDesign).
- Experience of working in CMS systems (our website is built in Umbraco).
- Experience of working with social media content.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Experience and interest in production of moving content, and photography, is a plus.
- Good writing skills.
To be successful in this role, we think that you are a positive and solutions-oriented person with a lot of drive, self-motivation, and excellent communication skills. You are both creative and organised, and like working in a varied and fast-paced environment. You love to travel and learn about new things.
- This is a permanent, full-time position based in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- The position will include international travel, especially during the summer months.
- Starting date: According to agreement.
We look forward to your application!
Do you want to be part of our team, this exciting journey, and the unique experience of sailing the world’s largest wooden sailing ship? Then do not hesitate to apply for the position today - we review applications on an ongoing basis!
For more information about the ship and expedition, read more here at www.gotheborg.se.
We look forward to hearing from you!
On October 27, Götheborg of Sweden arrived to Barcelona and moored at one of the top locations in the city harbour: Port Vell/Rambla de Mar. The first weekend in Barcelona was the official stopover, with full crew, and the ship fully rigged. We want to thank Barcelona for the very warm welcome!
Are you interested in Volunteering at Götheborg during her maintenance stop in Barcelona? We now offer a limited amount of volunteer positions for people of 18 years and older!